Monday, March 20, 2017

Research Research Research!

After doing more research I discovered that Synesthete's associate emotion with color too. They perceive other peoples emotion as a color, for example if someone is giving off an angry emotion they see the color green. It does not necessarily follow the preconceived color schemes we believe. This will help possibly convey a sense of inner conflicting for example say the song "Blue Moon" by Billie Holiday or Elvis Presley or "Blue Velvet" by Bobby Vinton and they see the color red or orange or feel that color. This can cause internal conflict between an association between the name of the song and the color that they perceive. I believe I will be able to portray this artistically but I am still deciding if I want to add a hue to the shots or try to use some intense editing skills to show an illumination with lights. This will also propose difficulty being that colors dim out in bright light. I guess I will have to figure it out when I get there.


Citations:
 Emma H. Geller "Synesthesia: When Ordinary Activities Trigger Extraordinary Sensations" January 28, 2011 http://www.psychologyinaction.org/2011/01/28/synesthesia-when-ordinary-activities-trigger-extraordinary-sensations/
  • Holliday, Billie. "Blue Moon." By Billie Holliday, Elvis Presley,. Billie Holliday  Decca, 1942.



No comments:

Post a Comment